ENG 301

This is my portfolio for my English 301 class that I am taking at WKU--Western Kentucky University. If you are interested in the writings that I have posted here, there are more samples of my writings located at debbigraves.spaces.live.com I would really appreciate any comments you may have on my writing, I am always looking for ways to improve.

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Family

I believe in a loving family.
I was born into this world to two people who play many roles. A son, a daughter, a brother, a sister, a husband, a wife, and by choice and chance, they also became a father and a mother. As a member of the human race, each one of us carries the burdens of life and with each life there are many responsibilities and roles for each of us to take on. The choice to become a parent means that we will take on even more roles and so much more responsibility, yet more and more people do it every day.
My parents, as well as yours took time out of their busy lives to make a new person, to add to an already overpopulated world full of responsibility, one more life. With each new addition we make to our families, it assures that the human race will endure for at least one more generation.
I come from a rather large family that I find is getting smaller every day. The losses far outweigh the births, but my family is full of loving and caring people that I can count on and rely on, turn to when times are hard and rejoice with when times are good. Within my family I can find friendship, love, honesty and truth; a bond that is unyielding.
In this fast paced, hurry up world we all live in, those we love and care for are most often the ones that are taken for granted. Our families. We put work, school, and other of life’s daily chores above family because we know they will be there no matter what. They are the only constant in our lives; they are family.
Take time out to remind yourself and your family how much you appreciate them, the many roles that they have taken on, and then be sure to tell them you love them.

No comments: